Looking for a way to make the most of that unused roof space? It is more achievable than you think with an attic conversion for a small space.
Roof Space Renovators can help add value to your home by turning the darkest corner into a new space to live in or somewhere that can be used to store belongings – the option is yours.
An attic conversion is the best way to give your home the extra bit of space you have been looking for.
Minimum Space Needed for an Attic Conversion
Every roof space is different and depending on how much area can be used, we can install the following options:
- Basic/budget storage – minimum area is 5-6m2.
- Clean storage room/dust proof storage room – ideal minimum is 10m2 although we have on rare occasions installed slightly smaller than this (6-8m2).
- Deluxe/premium storage room – minimum size is 15m2.
- Attic living – minimum area is 15m2 but 20m2 is ideal.
Best Attic Type for a Small Area
If there is only crawl space within the roof, then the 5-6m2 budget / basic storage would be your best choice. This means you can declutter your home and climb an attic ladder and store around the opening.
If your home is small, but there is enough height to walk around within the roof, you may benefit more from a clean storage room. Small homes can benefit from all types of attic conversions, even complete attic conversions, as the addition of a small attic room will add plenty to a home already lacking in space.
Common Items Stored in Smaller Spaces
Depending on what type of attic conversion is undertaken will determine how much space you’ll have to store and what you can put in there.
- For 5-6m2 of budget attic storage, you should be able to store the Christmas tree and decorations.
- Items in plastic containers also work perfectly for this type of storage. It would allow for cleaning out and freeing up cupboards in the house.
- A clean storage room allows for the storage of anything that you want to keep clean and insulated within the roof space such as sporting equipment, clothing on hangers, musical equipment, items in boxes, wall pictures etc.
- For deluxe storage, most people use this as a study or kids’ playroom. A small deluxe storage room is accessed via an attic ladder (to save room in the house) and would benefit a small house greatly.
Attic Conversion for a Small Space
Roof Space Renovators’ service Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast and all areas in between.
Contact Roof Space Renovators’ for an obligation free consultation –
Phone – (07) 3889 6688
Website – https://www.roofspacerenovators.com.au/