Choosing a builder is a big commitment, so to help you we’ve put together this blog on what to look for in an attic builder.
You wouldn’t ask a dentist to test your eye sight, but when it comes to creating an attic space, some people think that any builder will do. Unless you know what to look for, you may end up with a disappointing product, so here at Roof Space Renovators we’ve shared our tips for picking the right contractor below.
What to Consider Before Starting
Before you sign a contract with a builder, you need to make sure you are happy with your quote, and aren’t getting pushed into anything you can’t afford or don’t need.
An experienced attic builder can help you plan a space that will suit your needs and budget, as well as making you aware of any possible additional costs, such as council approvals.
Attic Conversion Booking Process
Your attic conversion booking process should be as easy as possible. You don’t want to be harassed by a sales person every day after you receive your quote.
At Roof Space Renovators we start with an initial consultation where we assess the home and the roof space for structural adequacy, take measurements, discuss your requirements, inclusions and approximate price.
When you are happy with the proposed size, inclusions etc, we will revisit with the engineer and our building supervisor and draw up a fixed price contract. We allocate a suitable start date which fits in with your schedule.
What should the builder be like?
It’s important to choose a professional, fully licensed company that has plenty of experience in attic conversions.
Here are a few tips on what to ask the builder:
- Can you show me examples of your past attic builds?
- How much experience do you have in attic conversions?
- Does your quote include all costs, and will you agree to a fixed price contract?
Why choose Roof Space Renovators?
- Attic Experience & extensive knowledge – It isn’t enough just to know how to theoretically convert a roof space, but roof space renovators have the experience that comes with completing hundreds of conversions.
- Customer service – our number one focus is on clear communication and its why we are so committed to fixed price contracts for our work.
- Quality product inclusions with showroom for viewing – We only use the best products and we have a showroom for you to check it out, and see what is going to suit your home.
What to look for in an Attic Builder
If you are ready to work with a builder who specialises in converting roof spaces, we can provide you a no obligation, fixed price quote today, call us on (07) 3889 6688, enquire online here or visit our showroom at 13/18 Hinkler Court, Brendale Qld 4500.
Roof Space Renovators’ service Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast and all areas in between.
Contact Roof Space Renovators’ for an obligation free consultation –
Phone – (07) 3889 6688
Website – https://www.roofspacerenovators.com.au/